Chicken and marinade
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, thin cut will work well too
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Juice from 1 lime about 1 tablespoon
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa
- 1 cup grilled and diced pineapple
- 1 cup grilled sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch salt
- Preheat your grill to 400F degrees.
- If your chicken breasts are thick, butterfly them and add them to a Ziploc bag. Gently pound the chicken using the soft side of a mallet. You will want the chicken to be about ¼ inch thick.
- Once the chicken is pounded thin, add the olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, thinly sliced garlic, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper to the Ziploc bag.
- Zip the bag closed and massage the chicken making sure it is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Let the chicken to marinate for 20-25 minutes before grilling. While the chicken is marinating, you’ll prepare the salsa.
- Dice the grilled pineapple into small evenly sized cubes. Add it to a mixing bowl.
- Next, finely dice the shallots and jalapeno. Add them to the bowl with the pineapple.
- Dice the red pepper and remove the corn kernels from the cob. Add everything to the mixing bowl along with a pinch of salt. Canned corn will work fine too!
- Add the lime juice and gently combine all of the ingredients. Once well combined set aside.
- Carefully place a sheet of foil on the heated grill.
- Place the chicken on the foil, since it is well coated in the olive oil mixture it will not stick.
- Grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Since it is pounded thin, it will cook pretty quickly.
- Remove from the grill and arrange the chicken on a platter. Top with the pineapple jalapeno salsa. As an optional garnish, try adding some crushed peanuts and sliced scallions.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with a few lime wedges!
Carbohydrates: 16.5g, Protein: 41g, Fat: 18.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 124.5mg, Sodium: 225mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 8g
Stay up to date
Enter your email to get BODZii blog posts straight to your inbox
Thanks for subscribing
We'll keep you up to date with BODZii news.
You can unsubscribe any time.