Ingredients 1 tbsp oil
1 large diced onion
3 large diced carrots
2-3 stocks diced celery
½ each oregano, thyme, sage
Salt and pepper
450g ground turkey OR extra lean beef
2 sweet potatoes, cubed
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp butter
1 can corn, strained
¼ cup grated cheese (optional)
- In a skillet, use ½ oil and sauté with onion, carrots and celery. Flavour salt and pepper.
- In a separate skillet use other ½ oil and sauté ground turkey or extra lean beef. Season with oregano, thyme, sage
- In a pot, boil sweet potatoes. When soft drain water and mash with milk and 2 butter
- Layer in following sequence: veggies, corn, meat, and then sweet potato.
- Grate small amount of cheese on top. Bake in 350 degrees for 30 minutes until top is golden.
Nutrition per ¼ of sheperd’s pie