- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped white mushroom
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Handful of baby spinach, about 20 leaves, chopped
- 1 8 or 9-inch low-carb whole wheat tortilla, (I used La Tortilla Factory)
- Fresh salsa or hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Place bacon in a cold non-stick skillet the size of your tortilla. Cook over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Once cool, chop bacon into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl add eggs, salt and pepper, to taste. Mix and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to skillet with bacon drippings and sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds more.
- Spread garlic and mushrooms in an even layer then add beaten eggs to the pan. Swirl the pan to create a round omelet shape, similar to the size of your tortilla.
- Top with the spinach and chopped bacon then place the tortilla on top of the omelet and press gently with your hands, using the uncooked part of the egg as a sort-of glue. Allow to set for about 10 seconds.
- Run a flat spatula along the outside of the omelet, carefully releasing the edge to prepare for flipping. Quickly flip the omelet and cook, tortilla side down for about 1 minute more, or until tortilla is browned and beginning to crisp.
- Transfer to a plate and carefully roll up the tortilla. Place seam side down and cut in half. Serve with fresh salsa or hot sauce, if desired.
Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g, Cholesterol: 377mg, Sodium: 1037mg, Fiber: 14.5g, Sugar: 2g
Stay up to date
Enter your email to get BODZii blog posts straight to your inbox
Thanks for subscribing
We'll keep you up to date with BODZii news.
You can unsubscribe any time.