Josh joined our Lifestyle Challenge at CrossFit Crux. In just 28 days, take a look at what happened:
Check out what Josh has to say:
Tell us a bit about why you joined the challenge!
I joined this program because I knew I needed help with my nutrition. As a coach myself, I've helped others make changes & get results. I "know" what to do. So it should be easy to make these changes myself, right? Nope! The biggest issue for me is consistency. I knew I needed help & was pretty motivated to get in the best shape possible before the baby. Within a few minutes of chatting with the BODZii team, I knew I could trust them to help get my nutrition back on track.
What was your biggest accomplishment?
Energy & presence. The biggest thing for me has been having more energy and presence at home. I'd often come home drained or tired. By fixing simple things like my hydration, nutritional deficiencies and my overall energy intake, I feel more energy & presence at home. And with our first baby on its way, I want to be present & energetic for my son...and still chase him down when he's in his 20s!
What are some good habits you’re gained or bad ones you’ve gotten rid of throughout the challenge?
1. Alcohol: from 5-7 drinks / week to 2 drinks over 4 weeks (those points are pretty motivating...)
2. Supplements: from sporadic supplementation to consistently getting in my Omega 3s and Vitamin D (joints have also been feeling better recently)
3. Lots of water, and consequently, less coffee (more real energy)
4. Mindful eating. I'm eating slower and much better at stopping when I'm 80% full.
5. Earlier mornings. This is a bit more recent. I've been waking up with more energy (not as dependent on coffee).
What would you tell others who are interested in dialing in their nutrition?
Just do it! You have a bit of money to lose, but a LOT to gain (health, energy, body composition, confidence, etc). The BODZii team combine the science of nutrition coaching with the psychology of behaviour change to help you make real, lasting change. Plus, they're pretty cool people.
Let us help you dial in your nutrition, so that you can get results like Josh did! Click the link at the top of the page to schedule a free consult with one of our BODZii nutritionists!