When life gives you lemons, we make lemon loaf with glaze! This is a simple recipe to add a little lemony goodness into the sour patches of life. Grab your roommate or video call a friend, and make it with some company!
A big thank you to Zeynep, our nutrition coach who is adding light into our life with her Sunday cooking streams on Instagram! This is her fourth week of cooking for us, and if you have suggestions on a recipe you’d like a healthier version of, make a post in our Care-mongering nutrition Facebook group!
Total Fat: 5.8 g
Total Carbohydrates: 24.1 g
Protein: 3.3 g
To make this dish vegan, make flax egg out of coconut oil and plant-based milk!
Cook time 45-50 min
Cooling time 2-3 hours
Whole wheat four- 1 cup
All purpose flour- 1 cup
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Melted butter - ¼ cup
Milk - 1 cup (we use cashew milk)
Apple sauce - ¾ cup (you can also use date paste by mixing dates and warm water)
Lemon zest/juice - 1 cup
Vanilla extract - a few drops
Salt - a pinch
Greek yogurt or cream cheese - 100 g
Icing sugar - 80g
Lemon juice - ½
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Put your wet ingredients (egg, melted butter, mlik, apple sauce, vanilla extract) into your bowl and MIX!
- Add in your lemon zest and juice, then MIX again!
- Add half of your flour, mix it in then add the other half and MIX!
- Add baking powder and baking soda, with a pinch of salt and MIX!
- Keep mixing, it’s okay if the batter is a little lumpy.
- Put your baking sheet over your loaf pan, then transfer your batter thef pan.
Pop it in your oven! Whille you’re waiting, here’s the steps for glaze.
Part 2: 👌Glaze
- Put your greek yogurt and icing sugar into the bowl and MIX!
- Add your lemon juice and lemon zest and MIX!
Done baking? Take your lemon loaf out of the oven.
Part 3: Finishing touches!
1.Test with a knife to feel if it’s ready! Poke your knife down into the deepest point of the pan, and if the knife is clean, it’s good.
2. Set it aside for 2-3 hours so it cools, and then add the glaze!
Voila! You’re done! How do you like it?
To check out other deserts, try our no flour chickpea blondies. For a filling, nutritious meal, you’ll like her Shrimp taco with Lime and mediterranean pizza bites. Every Sunday at 2pm, Zeynep post a new recipe in our Instagram highlights, so follow us for more!
If you’re looking for more personalized diet and fitness advice, book a free lifestyle assessment with our nutrition coach! Listening to your body and eating right can change your life. Don’t worry, eating right doesn’t mean starving yourself or food you hate We’ll make sure we choose foods together your heart and your body enjoys.