Makes: 3 Hearty Servings
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 medium stalks celery, chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup green beans, frozen
- 1/2 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken (about 12 ounces)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms, thyme, bay leaf, and rosemary. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat, and simmer simmer until the vegetables are tender. Add the corn, green beans, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk to dissolve the cornstarch in ¼ cup cold water. When completely dissolved, add it to the pot and stir to combine. Let the mixture return to a simmer and you should notice the cornstarch thickening the liquid within about 2 minutes. If your stew doesn't thicken enough to your liking, add more cornstarch (dissolved in cold water; generally the ratio of cornstarch to water is 1:2).
- Now that the mixture has thickened, stir in the cooked, chopped chicken. Let the mixture cook for about 5 minutes for flavors to blend. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread or homemade biscuits.
Nutrition Information: Calories 320, Fat 2g, Carb 44g, Fiber 7g, Protein 31g
Stay up to date
Enter your email to get BODZii blog posts straight to your inbox
Thanks for subscribing
We'll keep you up to date with BODZii news.
You can unsubscribe any time.