Time for some baking therapy! Here’s a sweet cookie recipe that’s great for afternoon tea or coffee. You can see more recipes like these and the different versions people make in our Nutrition and Lifestyle support group on Facebook. Our nutrition coach Zeynep also makes a new healthy and delicious recipes every Sunday on Instagram!
Our dried apricot cookie recipe is divided into two parts. The outer layer of the cookie, and what’s inside, a.k.a. dough and the filling.
Macros per serving
Fat: 5.8 g
20 min prep
15 min bake
¼ cup nut butter
1 egg ( for vegan ¼ cup apple sauce)
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
3/4 cup whole wheat flour or oat flour
¼ cup walnuts, almonds or pecans ( coarsely ground)
1/4 tsp sea salt
100 g dried apricots or black mission figs, dates ( hot water for soaking)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
¼ cup walnut pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all your dough ingredients (flour, egg, peanut butter, walnuts, honey) with a fork.
3. Use your hands and knead the dough for 2 minutes.
4. Put your filling ingredients (apricots, honey, cinnamon) into the blender and blend!
5. Shape your dough in a flat circle and add a small piece of filling on the top. Close the dough around it.
6. Gently roll it in your hands.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
How do you like them cookies?
We encourage you to try different recipes so you can make a diverse diet for yourself that you enjoy! Here at BODZii, we believe in a healthy and happy lifestyle where you enjoy your food and make good decisions for your body!
“Being spoon fed a diet is not sustainable. You need to understand what is happening and apply your own goals and standards. That’s what resonates to me the most about BODZii” -Avisha on her journey from sugar addiction to being sugar free
Are you ready to take control of your health? Download our free flexible dieting handbook!