Not everyone is a fan of veggies, but we’re a fan of the nutrients they have! If you have picky eaters at home (or are one), this is the recipe for you!
Cauliflower tater tots are great for dipping in your favourite sauces and SUPER EASY to make!
If you don’t have cauliflower at home, you can use broccoli, leek, onions, potatoes, carrots or just mix all of them together.
Macros per serving
Fat: 0.8 g
Protein: 1.4 g
5 minute blanching cauliflower
10-15 minute refrigeration after mixing
30 min baking
Big bowl for mixing / small bowls for ingredients
Cauliflower, ½ (cut into florets. Blanch in boiling water + salt for 5 minutes. Drain and finely chop)
Cheddar cheese, ¼ cup
Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup
Bread crumbs, ¼ cup
Flour, ¼ cup
Ketchup, mustard or mayo
Depending on the texture, you can add some olive oil!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Add your ingredients (cauliflower, flour, cheese, breadcrumbs egg and seasoning) into a bowl.
3. Mix it into the bowl, smash it with your fork so the cauliflower breaks down.
4. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes until it is firm enough to turn into tater tots.
5. Make little spheres (or cubes) of tater tots. They don’t have to be absolutely equal sizes since it’s hard to shape!
6. Bake for 15 minutes, take them out and flip them over, then bake for another 15 minutes
They should be a golden brown when they’re done!
If you liked this cauliflower tater tot recipe, you may enjoy our Burrito Bowls with Cauliflower Rice!
We love sharing recipes on our Care-mongering Nutrition and Fitness group, so send your pictures there or tag us at @mybodzii on Instagram.
Filling and yummy meal recipes:
Seriously Amazing Turkey Chili
Shrimp taco with Lime
Mediterranean pizza bites
Every Sunday at 2pm, we post a new recipe in our Instagram highlights. Follow us for more.
For more personalized diet and fitness advice, book a free lifestyle assessment with our nutrition coach! Listening to your body and eating right can change your life.