Besides eating these chickpeas as a snack, you can toss them with salads or sprinkle over soup in place of croutons.
Makes 4.5 cups/6 servings
· 2 19-ounce (540ml) cans chickpeas
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· ½ tsp each of chili powder, garam masala, curry powder,, smoked paprika
· Pepper to taste
· Heat oven to 400F. Open the cans of chickpeas and place in strainer. Rinse thoroughly under running water. Pat chickpeas dry with clean dishtowel or paper towels. It is best to let them air dry for a few minutes. Remove any chickpea skins that come off while drying.
· Toss chickpeas with olive oil and salt in a medium bowl. Add other spices and pepper.
· Roast chickpeas in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Shake pan every 10 minutes. The chickpeas are done when golden and slightly darkened, dry and crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle.
Nutrition per ¾ cup (175ml)
Stay up to date
Enter your email to get BODZii blog posts straight to your inbox
Thanks for subscribing
We'll keep you up to date with BODZii news.
You can unsubscribe any time.