Instead of flour, raid your pantry for chickpeas or beans to make this delicious blondie! Our nutrition coach Zeynep realized it may be harder during quarantine to get your hands on certain ingredients. This recipe is great for those of you who want to bake without going to the grocery store. You can use whatever nut butter you have at home.
As an extra perk, this recipe can be eaten as cookie dough because there’s no egg. Yes, this is fully salmonella free! You can watch Zeynep make this recipe in our live cooking instagram highlights!
Total fat: 4.7 g
Total Carbohydrates: 11.8 g
-Prep: 10-15 min
-Bake time: 20-25 min
Vegan, Gluten free
-Vanilla extract (2 tsp)
-Baking soda (¼ tsp)
-Salt (½ tsp)
-Chickpeas OR black beans with cocoa powder: you can try other lentils too!
-🍯Honey or maple syrup (⅓ cup)
-🍫Chocolate chips (½ cup): you can also try 🍓berries
-🥜🧈Nut butter (½ cup): any kind works, peanut butter, chocolate butter, sunflower butter, almond butter
-Food processor or blender (if you want a super workout you can mix manually but it will take a while!)
-Baking pan (ideally 8x8”)
-Parchment paper for pan
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour your chickpeas into your blender or food processor and MIX IT until it’s smooth!
3. Now add all your other ingredients except chocolate chips and MIX!
4. Use a spatula to transfer the batter into a bowl. It can be thick but should be well blended.
5. Set 2 tbsp of chocolate chip aside and mix the rest in the batter.
6. Transfer the batter into the pan as evenly as possible. If you have a rectangular pan try to keep it to a square shape.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips and pop it in the oven!
Voila, you’re done! Don’t worry if they come out a bit soft, that’s the way they should be. It’ll make Zeynep, our recipe maker very happy to hear from you. Let us know how it went and share your photos to our Care-mongering Nutrition Group on Facebook! Or if you're on Instagram, ag @bakingaddictgirl and @mybodzii!
If you'd like personalized guidance based on your lifestyle, book a free 20 minute assessment with our nutrition coaches!