Pan Roasted Corn and Black Beans
- 1/2 C (125g) Canned Corn drained and rinsed
- 1/2 C (130g) Canned Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, or Chili Powder based on preference
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 bag (12oz) Frozen Cauliflower Rice thawed (or 300g fresh riced cauliflower)
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30mL) Lime Juice I used the bottled lime juice
- 1-2 Tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Salt sea salt for texture bonus
- 6oz (cooked) meat of your choice
- 2 Tbsp Pico de Gallo optional
- 2 Tbsp Guacamole optional
- Heat two large skillets over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse black beans and corn, removing as much water as possible before adding to one skillet.
- In the other skillet, add thawed cauliflower rice. If you're going straight from the freezer, pop it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes first.
- Leave both skillets untouched for 4-5 minutes.
- Add lime juice and salt to rice and stir. At this point, begin stirring the corn and beans, which should be slightly browning. (You can add any spices you'd like to the corn and beans like a bit of chili powder and paprika. Or if you like spice, a bit of cayenne pepper.)
- Both skillets should be finished around the same time. (Maybe 8-10 minutes.) Don't sweat precision here. If you'd like your rice a bit crispier, keep it in the pan longer. Same for the corn and beans.
- If you're reheating leftover protein, you can add them to one of the skillets during the last few minutes of cook time.
- You can get fancy with your plating or just add everything to one big bowl and top with pico and guac before diving in. I didn't include it in this recipe, but you could add a bit of fat-free shredded mozzarella for even more protein and flavor!
Macros for etire recipe:
- Macros with 1/4 C guacamole (Wholly Guacamole macros): 629 Calories, 65g protein, 56g carbs, 17g fat
- Macros with guacamole and 1 oz cotija cheese or queso fresco: 719 Calories, 71g protein, 56g carbs, 24g fat