Is anyone else tired of thinking about what to make for dinner? OR dinner being a big production every.single.day? This girl is.
Benefits of Other Tips for Gut Health — Raw Cultured Dairy — Raw dairy contains beneficial bacteria when fermented and short-chain fatty acids that can help heal the ...Sheet Pan Recipes:
- Set it and forget it
- You will use way fewer dishes
- Clean up is a breeze, especially when you use non-stick sheet pans or tin foil because you only have one dish to worry about
- It’s an easy way to clear out the fridge
- Most sheet pan meals make 4 portions
- They usually cook in less than 45 minutes
Here are some quick and easy recipes using only one sheet pan, great for busy weekdays.
Sheet Pan Chicken and Rainbow Vegetables
Sheet Pan Chicken and Rainbow Veggies. Healthy one-pan meal with broccoli, sweet potatoes, and zucchini, baked with lemon and Parmesan. Quick and delicious!
PREP: 15 mins
COOK: 30 mins
TOTAL: 45 mins
SERVINGS: 4 servings, about 8 cups
- 1 medium sweet potato scrubbed and diced into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 medium breasts)
- 1 small head broccoli cut into florets (about 2 cups florets)
- 1 red bell pepper cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- 1 yellow squash halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place a rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. For easy cleanup, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly coat the foil with nonstick spray.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat and then spread into a single layer on the baking sheet. Keep the bowl handy. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are just beginning to soften on the outsides but are still too firm to eat.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl that you used previously for the sweet potatoes, place the chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the lemon zest and juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetable mixture to the sheet pan with the sweet potatoes, using a spatula to spread everything into a fairly even layer and stirring it a bit if needed.
- Return to the sheet pan to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 additional minutes, stirring once halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle and the vegetables are tender but not mushy. (They won’t be browned and caramelized but will be delicious to eat.) Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve hot.
- TO STORE: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Gently rewarm chicken and vegetables on a lightly greased baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees F until hot. You can also reheat this dish in the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Store leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe storage container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating. The zucchini and squash may become somewhat mushy and watery once thawed, but the flavours will still be delicious.
SERVING: 1of 4, about 2 cups
CALORIES: 394 cal
SATURATED FAT: 3g
Easy Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced (I like using green, red, and yellow)
- 2 4-5 ounce lean steaks (sirloin or round), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mild chili powder
- juice of one lime (about 1 and a half tablespoons)
- tortillas, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, avocado for serving (as desired)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle the olive oil on a large sheet pan.
- Add the sliced onions, sliced bell peppers, and thinly sliced steak to the sheet pan, along with the taco seasoning, paprika, chili powder, and lime juice.
- Using your hands or a pair of tongs, toss everything together well until the meat and veggies are well coated in the seasonings and the oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 minutes, or until the veggies are becoming soft and the steak has browned on the outside. Be careful of over-cooking the steak (nobody likes dry steak!) - test a piece after 10 minutes to be sure it's cooked to your liking.
- Serve in tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, and avocado, as desired (use the time while the fajita filling is baking to prep these ingredients).
Serving: 1serving of beef filling | Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2319IU | Vitamin C: 78mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg
Sheet Pan BBQ Tofu
YIELD: Serves 2 to 4
- 14 to 16 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Wrap the block of tofu in a few layers of paper towels, then set on a dinner plate or cutting board. Weigh it down with a heavy object like a skillet, pot, or large can while the oven preheats. Tear the tofu into bite-sized pieces.
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425°F. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, place the sweet paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Pour in the oil and stir to combine. Add the tofu and gently stir to evenly coat. Place the tofu in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring every 10 minutes so it cooks evenly until the tofu is crisp all over, 30 to 35 minutes total. Drizzle the tofu with the barbecue sauce and toss to combine.
Make ahead: The tofu can be pressed and torn up to 1 day in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Storage: Leftovers will keep for up to 4 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Stay up to date
Enter your email to get BODZii blog posts straight to your inbox
Thanks for subscribing
We'll keep you up to date with BODZii news.
You can unsubscribe any time.