Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
The easiest chicken fajitas recipe! Cooking the mixture in the slow cooker really allows the flavours to blend for such a delicious dinner without all the cleanup of traditional fajita dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 25 minutes
· 3 x 4oz chicken breasts
· 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (or purchase chillies separately)
· 1 red , orange and green bell pepper, julienned
· 1 large yellow onion , halved and sliced
· 4 cloves garlic , minced
· 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
· 2 tsp ground cumin
· 1 tsp paprika
· 3/4 tsp ground coriander
· 1 tsp salt
· 3/4 tsp pepper
· 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
· 1 pack stevia
· For serving:
· Corn tortillas, cilantro, salsa, guacamole, low fat cheese
1. Pour half of the canned tomatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker and spread into an even layer. Top with half of the peppers and half of the onions. Sprinkle garlic in. Top with chicken breasts.
2. In a bowl whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle half of the seasoning over chicken breasts then flip chicken and sprinkle in remainder. Top with remaining half of the tomatoes, then layer in remaining peppers and onions.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH heat 3 - 4 hours or low heat 6 - 8 hours, until chicken has cooked through and veggies are tender.
4. Remove chicken, and cut into strips, or shred. Ladle out 1 cup of the broth in slow cooker (mostly tomato liquid) and discard. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice and stevia and add to slow cooker along with chicken and season with additional salt to taste if desired. Gently toss. Serve in warmed tortillas with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition (slow cooker chicken only):